Protein is often linked with muscle growth and promoted as a food you need to be eating if you want a big, strong, muscular physique. However, protein’s equally effective as a fat loss food and if one of your main health and fitness goals is to lose weight, eating plenty of protein can make a big difference. In this article I will be explaining why protein’s such an effective fat burning food and discussing how you can easily increase your protein intake.
How Does Protein Help You Burn Body Fat?
1) Protein Has A High Thermic Effect: Protein has a much higher thermic effect (the amount of calories burned during digestion) than carbohydrates and dietary fats. In fact, studies have shown that 25% of the calories in protein are burned off during digestion. This means by eating more protein, you’ll burn a greater proportion of calories during digestion and as a result less of the calories you consume will be stored as body fat.
2) Protein Suppresses Your Appetite: Protein does a great job of suppressing your appetite and by eating more protein each day, you’ll find that your hunger cravings naturally reduce. As a result, you’ll consume less calories and lose more weight when protein’s a regular fixture in your diet.
3 Top Tips For Eating More Protein Each Day
Most people base their eating around carbohydrates and as a result, they don’t get enough protein in their daily diets. The good news is that with a few small changes, you can easily increase your protein intake. Simply follow the three steps below and you’ll add plenty of protein to your day:
1) Have A Protein Packed Breakfast: For a lot of people, breakfast consists of cereal, pancakes or toast which are all packed full of low quality carbohydrates and contain very little protein. To increase the amount of protein in your breakfast, go for a serving of Greek yogurt with fruit, an omelet, some scrambled eggs or a protein shake instead.
2) Consume A Portion Of Nuts Or Seeds During The Day: When it comes to snacking between meals, many people automatically reach for candy or chips. Not only are these choices lacking in protein but they also contain low quality ingredients and won’t help you lose weight. Therefore, instead of snacking on processed foods, enjoy a handful of protein packed nuts or seeds.
3) Eat A Serving Of Lean Fish Or Meat During The Day: Lean fish and meats are a fantastic source of protein and by eating them on a daily basis, you’ll get over 30g of high quality proteins in your diet. So if you’re not doing so already, make sure your lunch or dinner contains at least one serving off lean fish or meat.
I hope this article has highlighted the importance of protein when it comes to losing weight. If you’ve been struggling to lose weight for a while, increasing your protein intake could give you the kick you need to finally drop those last few pounds. So have another read of this article, start using the advice to add more protein to your diet and watch the fat melt away.
More story about Protein To Lose Weight
Weight loss Weight loss in the context of medicine health or physical fitness is a Others may be driven to lose weight to achieve a more.…
High-protein diet A high-protein diet is often recommended by help efforts to build muscle and lose fat. exercise in particular weight training and bodybuilding.…
Bodybuilding The larger the calorie deficit the faster one will lose weight. pound of body weight per day is ideal concerning the best type of protein to take.…