Easy Lifestyle as Severe Heartburn Remedies
If you have been experiencing excruciatingly painful sensations in the pit of your stomach rising up to squeeze on your chest area, you should be on the lookout for severe heartburn remedies. We are not just talking about remedies in the short-term period, which are necessary to provide significant to complete pain relief, but also of long-term solutions that can make the condition go away for good. Here then are these short-term and long-term solutions most commonly suggested by doctors.
Medications are often the most effective way to neutralize the pain in severe heartburn. You can first take the over-the-counter medicines that act on the effects of the acid on your stomach’s lining. These medicines are divided into three:
• Antacids are the first line of defense in severe heartburn remedies since these neutralize the acids in the stomach. Good examples are Maalox, Mylanta and Tums that provide quick pain relief in as little as a few minutes after ingestion.
• H2 receptor blockers are medications that lessen the stomach’s acid production. These medicines take time to provide pain relief but the effects are longer-lasting than those experienced from antacids. Choose from cimetidine, famotidine and nizatidine.
• Proton pump inhibitors control acid production while also healing the esophagus of its injuries made from exposure to acids. Both over-the-counter and prescription proton pump inhibitors with lansoprazole and omeprazole as the most popular severe heartburn remedies in this category.
If these over-the-counter medications do not work, we suggest seeing the doctor for prescriptions of the stronger medications.
It will also help your cause for immediate pain relief if you can perform certain lifestyle measures such as drinking green tea, eating smaller meals and applying stress management techniques. Green tea soothes the stomach while eating smaller meals lessens the workload on it as well.
As for stress management, keep in mind that anxiety, stress and tension often worsen the symptoms of heartburn. To ward off these negative feelings, we suggest gentle exercise, listening to mellow music and massage. These are probably the best of both worlds where severe heartburn remedies are concerned – you are relaxed in mind while also free from pain in body.
Of course, short-term remedies are just one part of the equation. You should also look at the long-term solutions to your health problem starting with the following lifestyle changes discussed bellow. These are easy and small changes but their benefits to your health are immeasurable.
• Lose excess weight so that your stomach will not push up against your esophagus
• Avoid the food and drinks that trigger your case of heartburn such as tomato juice, alcohol and citrus fruits
• Avoid bingeing on food since it places too much load on the stomach. Smaller but more frequent meals often do the trick
• Wear loose clothing especially around the middle. This way, you can ease up on the pressure around your abdomen.
In the end, the most effective severe heartburn remedies are a combination of short-term remedies that provide instant relief on one hand and long-term remedies that make for a healthy environment in the stomach. It is easy to do once you know what to do in the first place, which this article has proven useful in this regard.
Severe Heartburn Remedies
Read today’s news
Natural Healing Fighting Heartburn Patch.com Natural Healing Fighting Heartburn. Patch.com. You can relieve your heartburn with a few natural remedies that will actually heal your digestive tract. Peppermint Tea is a remedy to soothe heartburn. One of the worst feelings in the world is stomach acid in…
Graedons Pharmacy Sauerkraut juice heals canker sores Bradenton Herald Graedons Pharmacy Sauerkraut juice heals canker sores. Bradenton Herald. I suffer from acid reflux and I am looking for a natural remedy rather than continuing on heartburn medicine. Could you please send me the recipe for the persimmon tea I am desperate.…
Read articles about Severe Heartburn Remedies
Pravastatin A doctor should be consulted if symptoms such as heartburn or headache are severe and do not go away. The following is a list of uncommon.
Kiwifruit tongue and face rash vomiting and abdominal pain heartburn and in the most severe cases breathing difficulties wheezing and collapse.